Network Administrator – Manufacturing IT
Apply for this position
Chelsea, MA, United States
The Network Administrator – Manufacturing IT is responsible for maintaining and deploying network services across Acorda’s Network infrastructure, with primary responsibility for support of the network infrastructure at the manufacturing and R&D locations.
The Network Administrator – Manufacturing IT is responsible for maintaining and deploying network services across Acorda’s Network infrastructure. Primary responsibility for support of the network infrastructure at the manufacturing and R&D locations. This includes Acorda’s internal networks (LAN) and the wide area network (WAN). This individual supports the Unified Communications and Telepresence systems incorporated into the Acorda computing environment for the Manufacturing and R&D locations. The Network Administrator –Manufacturing IT is responsible for communicating across various teams within the department and all users. This individual is also responsible for maintaining compliance requirements and adhering to company’s SOPs, policies and assuring that all duties are performed in accordance with company’s principles and values.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Cisco network infrastructure, configures and maintains network VLANs.
- Supports all TCP/IP configuration and data communication within the Manufacturing environment.
- Configures and deploys 3850 switch stacks.
- Supports Cisco ASA 5525X firewalls in Active/Standby Failover and IPS.
- Supports Checkpoint firewalls security policies and VPN.
- Supports Cisco Nexus 7009 Datacenter switches with VDCs and Cisco Nexus Fabric Extenders.
- Supports HSRP to provide high availability.
- Supports BIG-IP F5 load balancers in HA mode.
- Supports wireless network infrastructure consisting of Cisco WLC 5508, Cisco Aironet 3500 and 2700 with CleanAir technology, and Cisco NCS.
- Supports BGP multi-homed routing with dual ISPs.
- Supports Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure.
- Monitors network and servers using SolarWinds Orion, syslog, NetFlow, and Cacti.
- Creates and maintains network documentation and Visio diagrams.
- Potential multi shift support in a 24 x 7 Manufacturing environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent knowledge required. Equivalent knowledge may be obtained by having current Cisco training certification, (CCNA) or by having worked for a minimum of two years as a Network Administrator.
- A minimum of two years' experience in Cisco technologies required.
- A minimum of two years' experience with Windows/Linux Server platforms required.
- Knowledge of network equipment validation and qualification per FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and GMP.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco routing required.
- General knowledge of Security Systems and solutions required.
- Knowledge of Cisco ISE preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience of VMWare virtual machine deployment preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communications for manufacturing equipment and laboratory instruments
- Knowledge of Hyperconverged environments
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, including Visio.
- Working Knowledge of hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- At least one Cisco certificate completed in the last three years.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to perform duties effectively both independently and in teams in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Some weekends or holidays may be required. Position requires being accessible via company issued mobile device.
- Must be able to move hardware devices among communications and server racks (lift up to 20 lbs.).
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5% -10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.