Vice President - Finance and Controller
Apply for this position
Corporate Office (Pearl River)
The Vice President - Finance and Controller is a highly visible role serving as a key member of the management team contributing to strategic and operational decisions. The VP - Finance and Controller reports directly to the CFO and works closely with the Director of FP&A to ensure close alignment of financial analysis and finance operations. The VP-Finance and Controller manages all areas of accounting and reporting, tax planning and compliance, accounts payable, and payroll.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, supporting schedules and footnotes for internal and external reporting purposes.
- Oversees preparation of all required SEC filings, including 10Q's, 10K's and all 8K's.
- Oversees all aspects of the relationship with external auditors, including quarterly reviews, the annual audit, and any required special project work.
- Manages all disbursements and collections functions, including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget, providing both (i) strategic and operational guidance to help the Company achieve its financial goals, and (ii) the appropriate tools to assist in the budget and forecasting processes.
- On-going monitoring of available capital (cash, investments, and debt) and support FP&A in forecasting short term and long term capital needs.
- Leads tax planning, strategy, and compliance.
- Leads all SOX efforts. Develops and implements internal control policies and procedures to comply with external requirements and senior management objectives.
- Assists with financial and accounting due diligence, assists in structuring, and leads all integration efforts for acquisitions.
- Provides ongoing performance review, feedback and development of staff.
- Creates a talent management plan to address individual performance needs as well as establishes a succession plan for the team.
- Assists with talent recruitment and leads a highly motivated, efficient and effective team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree in accounting, business, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in financial and accounting leadership roles required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry in a financial capacity preferred.
- Experience managing tax planning and compliance preferred.
- This position manages the Finance department, which can encompass a team of 8-12 associates, including full-time associates and consultants.
- Strong technical accounting, SEC reporting and SOX experience required.
- Must possess technical accounting and operational expertise, as well as strong management and leadership skills.
- Experience overseeing accounting in a business with international sales and operations preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPA required
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and to clearly communicate accounting issues to non-accounting individuals.
- Excellent financial analytical skills.
- Excellent project management and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to evaluate and mentor people, and to recruit and retain high-level talent.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 10% -15% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. Travel is for attendance at meetings and conferences.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility at a high level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.