Apply for this position
The Materials Handler II is responsible for the proper movement, handling, and accounting of raw materials, Work-in-Process, and Finished Goods in a cGMP manufacturing environment. This involves physical handling of materials as well as maintaining accurate records of materials made to and from the department.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives, checks, and verifies in-bound materials in facility.
- Stores material in the appropriate storage areas. Assists with warehouse cleaning and organization to ensure area meets established safety requirements.
- Fills internal requests for material and delivers materials to various destinations throughout the facility.
- Uses material handling equipment, such as pallet jacks, to move materials.
- Properly packages items for safe transport and arranges shipment of out-bound materials.
- Responsible for data entry related to receiving, inventory control, movement, and shipping of material. Processes and files relevant paperwork.
- Performs cycle counts and ensure inventory accuracy. Reports inventory discrepancies as directed. Investigates the root cause of the discrepancy.
- Responsible for providing input towards the review and revision of SOPs.
- Performs all work in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. Documents all work in controlled documents in accordance with SOP.
- Ensures materials and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality assurance standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of warehousing and inventory control experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated operation required, preferably in the biotechnology area.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing practices; Kan Ban, JIT, FEFO preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Mathematical skills including the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Demonstrates appropriate safety consciousness.
- Understanding of warehousing, logistics and inventory control practices and the ability to apply those practices to a wide range of industry tasks.
- Average computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency; deadline driven.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Motivated and hard working.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires physical activity such as standing for long periods of time, walking, and working with hands
- This position requires minimum travel. Average travel for this position is less than 10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperative
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work in a controlled or clean room environment requiring special gowning.
- Must have the ability to work safely and conscientiously in a manufacturing environment.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.