IT Technician II Temp
Apply for this position
Ardsley, NY, United States
The IT Technician II Temp provides first line IT Helpdesk support to internal and remote users, and manages users’ requests from the IT Helpdesk system and IT Hotline.
The IT Technician II Temp provides first line IT Helpdesk support to internal and remote users. This individual manages users’ requests from the IT Helpdesk system, assisting them with hardware and software issues. The IT Technician II Temp also responds to requests for technical support via the IT hotline. This individual is responsible for installing, modifying, and making minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, and providing technical assistance and informal training to system end users.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computers, peripherals and printers.
- Installs upgrades and troubleshoots all Windows Operating systems and MAC Operating Systems and corporate-approved Windows and MAC compatible applications.
- Ensures IT Helpdesk system is monitored every 15 minutes.
- Provides first line technical support via IT Helpdesk, phone, or email.
- Ensures all activated IT policies, SOP’s, and work instructions are read and understood by end users.
- Maintains and troubleshoots network connectivity as assigned.
- Initiates, monitors, and manages issues that require escalation to service providers.
- Logs all end user support calls in the IT Helpdesk system.
- Maintains a log of software and hardware issues detected in the IT Helpdesk.
- Must be able to meet required response times for IT Helpdesk requests via email within one hour during business hours (7am - 7pm EST) and two hours after business hours.
- Conducts IT asset inventory as necessary.
- Conducts research through manuals, documentation files, and other resources to solve problems.
- Maintains proficiency in Microsoft productivity software programs and other software programs use within the company.
- Images and deploys new equipment and devices pursuant to established protocols.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or technical school graduate required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ technical support experience within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of notebook/desktop imaging.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Takes ownership of end-use issues, and is proactive when interacting with end users to resolve issues.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service for end user requests while adhering to all IT policies and SOP’s.
- Must possesses solid technical skills of computer networks (TCP/IP); hardware; Windows and MAC OS; Microsoft Office; related business applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and basic LAN troubleshooting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: none required
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Performs duties independently in a highly dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
- Responds promptly to client needs.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, adjust priorities, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The hours for this position are 8 am – 5:30 pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.