Payroll Administrator Temp
Apply for this position
Under general direction from the Senior Manager - Payroll, the Payroll Administrator (Temporary) is responsible for all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of confidentiality. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
Under general direction from the Senior Manager - Payroll, the Payroll Administrator (Temporary) is responsible for all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s multi-state payroll processing objectives with a high degree of confidentiality. This position requires an extremely detail oriented person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. This position processes all payroll related time entry, tax deposits, reports, benefit deductions, W-2s and audit document requests.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Senior Manager - Payroll in processing payroll for hourly and salaried personnel in a timely fashion, including but not limited to: processing timesheets, new hire paperwork, direct deposits, payroll corrections, W-4s, wage verification, garnishments, etc.
- Works with the Senior Manager - Payroll to ensure the accuracy and integrity of payroll.
- Works with the Senior Manager - Payroll to ensure adequate controls are in place and that all procedures in the department are documented.
- Ensures that tax withholding is calculated appropriately in accordance with current regulations.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of reports to Payroll on option exercises and restricted stock tax withholdings.
- Records applicable Payroll and employee benefit expense monthly journal entries and performs related month-end payroll account reconciliations.
- Backup for payroll processing if required.
- Acts as back-up system administrator for the Concur T&E system.
- Involved in the implementation of time & attendance system.
- Acts as a liaison with Human Resources on payroll related issues.
- Running Company reports on the ADP Reporting System as requested for tax, finance, HR, and management. Create and generate custom reports as needed; adhoc reports
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Solid understanding of federal and state wage and hour laws including payroll, taxes, withholding, deductions and garnishments.
- Hands-on experience in an accounting environment
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now payroll system
- Thorough understanding of payroll processing, procedures, and payroll tax reports
- 3-4 years of recent hands-on payroll experience
- Prior experience following standard operating procedures and/or internal controls.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot a variety of issues.
- Strong US GAAP skills are preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Extensive knowledge of ADP WorkforceNow software and reporting tool required.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV G/L software preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPP designation preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time in a fast paced environment.
- It is essential that this individual demonstrates the ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
No specific physical demands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.