Regional Reimbursement Director - North Central
Apply for this position
MN, IA, WI, IL, NE, ND, SD, United States
The Regional Reimbursement Director (RRD) is primarily responsible for implementing reimbursement information assistance to provider offices who are seeking to obtain product coverage. Please note the geography will include: ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, WI and IL (may be subject to change).
The Regional Reimbursement Director (RRD) is primarily responsible for implementing reimbursement information assistance to provider offices who are seeking to obtain product coverage. This individual works cross-functionally and collaboratively with the Hub, Market Access, and Commercial Operations. In addition, the Regional Reimbursement Director plays a critical role in providing timely feedback / recommendations to Market Access Leadership on the RRD’s interactions regarding information assistance. Please note the geography will include: ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, WI and IL (may be subject to change).
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Role of the RRD is broken out into ‘four’ key areas – Tactical Execution, Business Planning, Customer Relationship Management, and Resource Optimization. A description of the responsibilities is included under each of the roles.
It is the critical responsibility of the RRD to coordinate the execution of reimbursement information assistance provided by the Hub.
- RRDs coordinate with the Hub and deliver reimbursement information assistance to customers. They apply a deep understanding of each customer’s environment and actively engage them with the intention of improving information assistance and enhancing the ability of provider offices to handle reimbursement effectively and efficiently.
- Act as the exclusive Acorda point of contact for the Hub, and provide the minimum necessary level of communication with field sales regarding account status. The RRD must always be diligent about protecting patient privacy and any protected Health Information the RRD may receive.
- The RRD leads the planning process for his or her assigned geography that aligns with overall Acorda goals for helping to ensure that patients are not faced with avoidable and unreasonable hurdles when attempting to access drug therapy prescribed by their physician. The RRD considers customer, market, industry, and organization needs when developing business plans.
- RRDs coordinate closely with RBDs in field sales and Account Directors in Market Access, gaining knowledge of the health insurance marketplace within their assigned geography and then develop specific plans to provide information assistance with reimbursement as necessary.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGMENT:
The RRD is responsible for developing collaborative relationships with external and internal customers that include physician offices and the Hub, and for coordinating and communicating with Market Access and Sales.
- RRDs provide information assistance to prescriber office staff related to working with the Hub and the specifics of payer coverage requirements.
- In addition. RRDs coordinate with Account Directors on all Prior Authorization requirements and reimbursement denials generated by Market Access accounts.
Ensure that educational, informational, and other resources that are utilized in the provision of reimbursement support to physician offices have been appropriately identified and are efficiently utilized. Integrate market information into reimbursement support activities, anticipating and adapting to changing market conditions and priorities, and utilizing a sophisticated understanding of potential obstacles to therapy through the application of available RRD and Hub resources.
- Implements the strategies developed to ensure information assistance is provided through effective management of all resources
- Operates within approved budgets
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years related experience in specialty pharmaceutical/biotech reimbursement with a strong understanding of managed care, pharmacy benefits managers and government payers and their impact of product access.
- This should include experience as a sales representative and / or account manager (combined five years).
- Other commercial experience (i.e., Market Access, training, marketing, etc.) is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Current, in-depth knowledge of current trends in reimbursement modalities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful initiatives
- Ability to effectively compete for resources both with internal and external customers
- Proven leadership skills and strong business acumen
- Well-developed relationship management and consultative skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid and current driver's license and current auto insurance
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and confident, with developed ability to build team work centered on shared commitment and goals to achieve high standards of performance
- Strong project management and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated initiative, and strategic relationship building
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The Regional Reimbursement Director is required to travel extensively to work with Customers, the Hub and Market Access; the average travel for this position is 50-75% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. While performing this job, this individual will be required to frequently drive or fly. Occasional travel to internal meetings and corporate headquarters is also required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
No specific work demands
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.