Manufacturing Technician (night shift)
Apply for this position
The Manufacturing Technician assists in the performance of routine operations for the GMP production of pharmaceutical products. This individual operates in accordance with environmental, health, safety, and cGMP guidelines. The Manufacturing Technician executes production activities under direct supervision for spray drying, capsule filling, and blister packaging operations.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs Clean-In-Place, Clean-Out-of-Place, and equipment sterilization as required.
- Operates and monitors manufacturing equipment for the production of clinical and commercial pharmaceutical products.
- Assists in the execution of routine and complex production processes.
- Performs final packaging and inspection of pharmaceutical products.
- Receives and distributes supplies in the manufacturing area.
Education and/or Experience:
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, preferably the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Critical understanding of the importance of documentation and data traceability.
- Familiarity with executing Standard Operating Procedures in a manufacturing or assembling environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Good Documentation and Good Manufacturing Practices preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Must demonstrate appropriate safety consciousness.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires physical activity such as standing for long periods of time, walking, and working with hands.
- This position requires minimum travel. Average travel for this position is less than 5% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperative.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work in a controlled or clean room environment requiring special gowning.
- Must have the ability to work safely and conscientiously in a manufacturing environment.
- Some weekends or holidays may be required.
- May require adjustment to a shift schedule as manufacturing objectives change.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.