Apply for this position
Chelsea, MA, United States
The Senior Accountant is responsible for working closely with the Finance team to ensure a smooth, timely month-end close process.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for working closely with the Finance team to ensure a smooth, timely month-end close process. This individual provides assistance with SOX compliance and is involved in the annual budgeting process.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs and assists with month-end and quarter end closing accounting tasks including preparation of journal entries for five entities ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Ensures that reconciliations and supporting schedules and analysis are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with the monthly closing schedule.
- Prepares month end closing binders
- Preparation and assistance with month end analytical review of actual versus budget.
- Assist with budgeting and reforecasting
- Provides assistance with SOX compliance by following internal controls
- Provides assistance to Manager Financial Operations and Accounting on month end inventory close and various analysis.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of four to six years of experience and solid understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in public accounting preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Demonstrated competence to handle a wide range of finance related responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Prior experience with a general ledger system required.
Certificated, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent analytical skills, with very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work in a fast paced environment.
- Must demonstrate a keen attention to detail and timelines.
- Must be self-motivated with project management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5%with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives. Travel is for inventory purposes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.