The Senior Manager - Commercial Sales Training (SMCST) has full responsibility of managing and facilitating New Hire Commercial Training classes, in-person and virtual, as well as coordinating all aspects of successful New Hire Onboarding.
This individual works closely with Associate Director, Commercial Sales Training (ADCST) and/or Director, Commercial Training (DCT) in development and delivery of training resources for brand/promotional training, disease state/product training (in-line and launch), selling skills, and other initiatives, based on business needs; this includes strong collaboration with cross-functional partners, full accountability for review committee approvals, follow-on communications, measurement of program effectiveness, and pull through.
The SMCST works closely with ADCST and DCT to assist with coordinating and overseeing the execution of the Certified Field Trainer (CFT) Program and has the responsibility of identifying training needs for the field based sales team and developing subsequent initiatives, resources, and programs to address those needs.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Training & Tactical Execution:
- Responsible for coordination of all aspects related to New Hire Training & Onboarding, in full support of the New Hire SOP and Work Instruction, preparation checklists and curriculum, in strong collaboration with ADCST and DCT.
- Creates baseline & live training agendas; coordinates invites and communications for class speakers; orders new hire class materials; coordinates logistics with department admin for new hires and meeting planning; leads class and participates as a facilitator during New Hire in-house training; develops new hire workshops, in strong collaboration with ADCT, under guidance of DCT, and manages Acorda Review Committee process as project owner.
- Facilitates and supports new hire on-boarding with respective hiring manager and internal colleagues.
- Executes the training requirements identified to support Commercial objectives and overall Training Learning Strategy.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates workshops and training at POA/NSM meetings and virtually.
- Helps to monitor tactical execution and provide feedback to internal stakeholders on field force effectiveness of resources.
- Works closely with ADCST and/or DCT in development of training resources for launch and in-line products based on business needs; this includes collaboration with cross-functional partners in the development of necessary training materials aligned to strategic objectives.
- Ensures all developed materials are appropriately approved through the Medical/Legal/Regulatory (ARC) process.
Coaching and Development:
- Supports Certified Field Training (CFT) Program to ensure pull through of Commercial strategy; this includes facilitation of CFT team calls and management of CFT team meetings.
- Supports CFTs in delivery of training related to product & disease state knowledge, clinical selling, new and current promotional materials in preparation for new hire training, NSM/POAs, and product launch.
- Collaborates with CFTs to develop resources, in collaboration with ADCST/DCT, that address identified needs and oversees CFT rollout of these initiatives.
- Leads CFTs in their roles during New Hire Training.
- Collaborates with Sales Leadership, Commercial Training and the CFT team to ensure team has the skills to perform and deliver at their optimal level; this includes field visits based on business needs.
- Under direction of DCT, participates in Regional and Zone Meetings in order to ensure alignment as well as identify training opportunities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong in-depth knowledge of specialty pharmaceutical/biotech required.
- Successful Commercial sales experience in specialty pharmaceutical/biotech required.
- 5 or more years of successful pharmaceutical/biotech sales or marketing experience required.
- 2-3 or more years of pharmaceutical/biotech training & development experience required.
- Experience with virtual instructor led training required.
- Strong proficiency with Learning Management Systems preferred.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to achieve goals and company objectives in a highly collaborative internal work environment through effective teamwork.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are essential for this role.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic relationship building skills.
- Ability to facilitate to various audiences.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid and current driver's license and current auto insurance
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires travel; the average travel for this position is 10-15% with some variation based on the demands of business imperatives. Travel is for Zone and National POA meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.