Architect - Messaging and Domain
Apply for this position
Responsible for messaging infrastructure, Domain data and service management, including all applications and application components that support messaging and Active Directory such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Enterprise Vault and Windows FS. T Oversees Domain Controller policies and replication, Domain Name Services (DNS) management, Active Directory maintenance and configuration, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication and single sign-on (SSO) methods.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and supports Acorda’s messaging systems, including our Microsoft Exchange environment and all related messaging components, including Office365 hybrid connection, Active Sync, Enterprise Vault E-mail archiving platform and the Symantec Cloud environment.
- Maintains and supports Acorda’s Domain environment, including Active Directory organization units (OU), user accounts, groups, group assignments and Group Policy Objects (GPO).
- Maintains and supports domain authentication systems and protocols, including LDAP, single sign-on (SSO), SSL Certificate services and self-service portal.
- Maintains and supports domain connection and communication systems and protocols, including DHCP, DNS, domain and domain controller security policies and DC replication.
- Maintains and supports Acorda’s Windows FileShare servers.
- Performs duties as described by department SOPs, including periodic account reviews, system maintenance, upgrades and installations on all managed systems.
- Develops and maintains documentation and performs official change controls as necessary.
- Collaborates with and advises IT associates and groups on integration of applications with all above systems.
- Assists help desk on escalated requests and incidents pertaining to all above systems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or minimum of five to seven years’ experience with equivalent knowledge in a related field required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline preferred.
- Working knowledge of one or more virtualization technologies (VMware or Hyper-V) preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with Windows Server platforms required.
- A minimum of four years’ experience administering Microsoft Exchange required.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Active Directory (Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 2012 R2) preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in validation and qualification per FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and GxP preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange in both an on premise and hosted Office 365 installations required.
- In-depth knowledge of Domain Services and Active Directory required.
- In-depth knowledge of network authentication and single sign-on required.
- In-depth knowledge of group policy administration; define, apply, enforce/unenforced required.
- In-depth knowledge of management and troubleshooting of Microsoft Server Operating Systems required.
- Knowledge of network and security technology preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite including Visio.
- Must be proficient in PowerShell and other scripting methods.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Minimum of one Microsoft Certification in Windows and/or Exchange Server required.
- Certification in project management or IT/business systems development process preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to move hardware devices among communications and server racks (lift up to 20 lbs).
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.