Document and Quality Management Systems Administrator
Apply for this position
The Document and Quality Management Systems (QMS) Administrator is responsible for system administration of all IT systems supporting the Quality Assurance departments in Acorda's Chelsea and Ardsley locations.
The Document and Quality Management Systems (QMS) Administrator is responsible for system administration of all IT systems supporting the Quality Assurance departments in Chelsea and Ardsley. Quality Assurance documents are managed in one or more Document Management Systems while quality assurance processes are managed by a Quality Management System. The Document and Quality Management Systems Administrator coordinates with department heads to design quality management processes to meet specific business requirements.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports business owners who create quality assurance documents and procedures.
- Performs technical System Administration for the Document Management and Quality Management Systems.
- Investigates system problems and coordinates fixes or functional enhancements with application vendors.
- Assists business owners with “workarounds” if system functionality cannot be fixed or enhanced.
- Manages interfaces to other Acorda Information Technology Systems.
- Participates in the implementation and upgrades of Quality Management and Document Management Systems.
- Serves as the Super User for Document Management and Quality Management systems.
- Provides customer support to users as needed.
- Maintains liaison with software vendors for product issue escalation, product enhancement requests, user groups, and product news such as upcoming release features and schedules.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent knowledge, required. Equivalent knowledge may be obtained by having applicable, up-to-date software vendor certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems preferred.
- Minimum of three years' IT support experience required.
- Prior experience with one or more QMS, such as QUMAS DocCompliance, QUMAS Process Compliance, Sparta Trackwise, Microsoft Office 365, or Adlib Render Server required.
- Experience with other business applications such as Novatus, Veeva, E*Central, Argus, Oracle ERP, or SAP preferred.
- Experience in Web development such as JAVA, .NET, HTML, XML, SQL, Jasper Studio preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Good project management and organization skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must be familiar with multiple browsers: Chrome, IE, Safari
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Business Application support certification preferred.
- Any technical certification a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs duties independently in a highly dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.