Apply for this position
Responsible for planning, directing and managing the activities of materials management functional group through the manufacturing department, including developing and implementing strategies to ensure the timely purchase and usage of materials, ensures adequate materials inventory for manufacturing activities and works with Finance to ensure Accounting compliance.
- Develops and implements strategies to manage materials management operations, by reviewing materials processes, identifying problem areas and establishing action plans for improvement.
- Directs reviews of inventory levels to ensure maximum ability to meet customer needs and minimize inventory costs.
- Develops and implements strategies to manage the timely procurement of goods and services
- Initiates vendor meetings to communicate material priorities and identify shortfalls that could impact the company objectives.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and implementation of an electronic inventory management system.
- Manages inventory investment by recommending removal of excess and obsolete stock.
- Creates and applies strategies to manage production and materials planning by establishing systems.
- Identifies, negotiates and secures positive pricing opportunities with vendors.
- Develops and maintains acceptable inventory control procedures to satisfy regulatory and financial objectives.
- Manages all Materials related functions to support the product fulfillment process.
- Provides ongoing performance review, feedback and development of staff.
- Assists with talent recruitment and leads a highly motivated, efficient and effective team.
- Responsible for training and mentoring associates on the Manufacturing Operations and Facility team.
- Creates standard procedures that facilitate operator performance and compliance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Working knowledge of GMP and QSR required.
- Minimum of six years’ related materials management, warehouse management, planning/procurement or equivalent experience required.
- Technical expertise in the principles of planning, cost development, and inventory control required.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a team of materials handlers, including purchasing and warehousing functions.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience with Financial principles for inventory cost monitoring.
- Previous experience with electronic ERP system required.
- This position supervises a team of Materials Handlers, Purchasing Associate and Systems Specialist.
- Strong knowledge of materials management techniques and processes and inventory systems.
- Strong knowledge of materials requirement planning techniques.
- Strong understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations as the they pertain to Materials Management.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite and ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Great Plains etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: none required
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of urgency; deadline driven.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to manage both day-today operations as well as project work.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional departments including senior management
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, and move parcels daily between loading dock and warehouse locations.
- Must be able to maneuver pallet jacks and material lifts.
- Requires physical activity such as standing for long periods of time, walking, and working with hands.
- This position requires minimum travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperative.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.