Process Mechanic (2nd shift)
Apply for this position
The Process Mechanic is responsible for performing and documenting the required maintenance and monitoring of the facility, systems, and equipment in a cGMP facility. The required duties include Preventative and Corrective maintenance on the facility’s mechanical system, operation of the facility's HVAC, installation of new equipment, general plumbing, electrical work, building grounds work and other duties as assigned.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance on the facility’s utility equipment. This may include plumbing, electrical work, and operation of the facility’s HVAC system.
- Makes daily inspection rounds and ensure all utilities and equipment in area of responsibility are operated and maintained per GMP guidelines.
- Reviews and completes assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures adequate inventory of spare parts is available.
- Performs building grounds work such as shoveling snow, ice removal and painting.
- Participates in project work such as equipment upgrades and installing new equipment.
- Partners with team members to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with companies established policies and procedures. Document all work performed in accordance with SOP.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 0-5 years of experience operating and maintaining facility equipment in a medical device or pharmaceutical GMP Environment required
- Experience with HazMat procedures is preferred
- Training or field experience in HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical systems, and/or water treatment
- Ability to work with a wide variety of hand tools and precision measurement tools
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro Purchasing is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Waste Water Treatment License a plus
- HazMat Certification a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
- High attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, take charge of projects and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Must be dependable and available to work overtime as needed.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis. Work may occasionally involve lifting, pushing and pulling of up to 100 pounds.
- This position requires long periods of standing and walking and the ability to frequently bend and twist.
- Must have the ability to occasionally work in confined spaces.
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5 - 10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the ability to work safely and conscientiously in a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to noise, chemicals, odors, dirt, dust, humidity, hot and cold temperatures, heights, and confined spaces.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.