Associate Director - Infrastructure and Operations
Apply for this position
Responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements, designing system solutions, installing software and enhancements, and providing technical support for on-site manufacturing applications and IT Operations. Initiates and executes strategic IT initiatives at the Manufacturing and Laboratory Facilities as well as maintains close contact and involvement with corporate initiatives that may affect manufacturing and research information processing.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as the IT Liaison with the Chelsea and Site Management for Infrastructure and Operations, and Compliance and Validation.
- Performs Business Process Analysis and Business Project Justification that adhere to information technology and Chelsea and Waltham business strategies.
- Manages executive expectations and delivers strategic information technology presentations and proposals to the Chelsea and Waltham Management.
- Analyses user and business requirements and determines feasibility of computerization.
- Designs computer applications to satisfy requirements.
- Writes Computer Systems Validation deliverables for the Chelsea and Waltham locations.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures related to computer systems implementation, maintenance, and decommissioning at the Chelsea and Waltham locations.
- Supports the Chelsea and Waltham physical and virtual servers.
- Participates in backup/recovery and disaster recovery exercises and testing.
- Assists in installing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software; analyzes and troubleshoots the system logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems as they relate to the Chelsea and Waltham locations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves telecommunications related problems.
- Assists help desk on escalated tickets pertaining to servers, network, printers, exchange, and wireless access, as well as any other issues that may arise.
- Documents all changes and project related work in change control and project management systems provided by IT.
- Also responsible for assuring that all duties are performed in accordance with company policy, principles and values, and cGXP requirements.
- The AD assists with capital and expense spending projections and monitors the business outcomes expected for information technology strategic plans at the Chelsea and Waltham locations.
- The AD helps management improve processes, primarily by the support of the Chelsea based infrastructure, operations and computer applications.
- Assures systems development and support will be compliant with the approved system development life cycle and change control standard operating procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Information Systems or related field required.
- Masters’ Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Minimum ten years applications experience in the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Experience with the startup of a pharmaceutical manufacturing location required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of: Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Process Technology, ERP, Inventory, Laboratory, Desktop and Infrastructure.
- Experience with business applications such as but not limited to ERP, SAP, Empower, ELN, Great Plains, QuMas, Quality Management System (QMS).
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will supervise the IT Technician, Systems Analyst – MFG Systems and Network Administrator – MFG IT at the Chelsea and Waltham locations.
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and project justification ability.
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration ability.
- Demonstrated ability of cross functional leadership. Able to lead project teams consisting of internal associates and consultants as well as outsourced service providers.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Working Knowledge of hypervisor technologies (VMWare or Hyper-V.)
- Familiarity with multiple browsers: Chrome, IE, Safari
- Familiar with Manufacturing and Laboratory applications and infrastructure requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership accomplishments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs duties independently in a highly dynamic fast-paced business environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Some weekends or holidays may be required. Position requires being accessible via company issued mobile device.
- Must be able to move hardware devices among communications and server racks (lift up to 20 lbs.).
- This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5% -10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- No Specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.