Contracts and Pricing Temp
Apply for this position
The Contracts & Pricing candidate will be working alongside the Associate Director, Contracts and Pricing and assisting her in all aspects of overseeing the government pricing and managed care processes which include the review and edit of managed care contracts and the government pricing calculations. The candidate should have extensive knowledge in all aspects of government pricing.
Contracts and Pricing Temporary Candidate
The Contracts & Pricing candidate (candidate) will be working alongside the Associate Director, Contracts and Pricing and assisting her in all aspects of overseeing the government pricing and managed care processes which include the review and edit of managed care contracts and the government pricing calculations. The candidate should have extensive knowledge in all aspects of government pricing. This person should possess an overarching understanding of managed care contracts and how this may affect various aspects of government pricing. He or she should have experience developing, implementing and managing formulary access contracts with external customers including but not limited to the following: MCOs, PBMs and government program pricing (V A/TriCare/DoD and State Medicaid). The ideal candidate should have working and intimate knowledge of how to calculate various aspects of government pricing (AMP, BP, ASP, NFAMP, URA, etc.). In other words, he or she should be willing to get into the weeds and get his or her hands dirty. Additionally, he or she should have experience in government pricing and managed care as it relates to the launch of a new product as well as the Loss of Exclusivity (LOE) of a product.
The candidate would be contracted to work temporary for at least six (6) months with the ability to work longer if needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in managing all commercial managed care contracts, state Medicaid supplemental rebate agreements, and the Federal Supply Schedule (FSS).
- Assist in the management of the cross-functional committee process which oversees the contracting and pricing governance process between Finance, Commercial and Legal.
- Assist in the management of structured review process for contract proposals and pricing changes and participates in the approval process in accordance with committee principles.
- Assist in the management of commercial and federal (TriCare, Part D, Medicaid) rebate and chargeback payments and processing.
- Assist in supporting the account managers to leverage deep understanding of business to proactively identify and prioritize solutions that drive business results.
- Assist in managing outside consultants responsible for all government pricing calculation policies and procedures including; day to day operations, and monthly and quarterly price submissions to CMS.
- Assist in supporting the Accounting team with external auditor financial audits and reviews with respect to gross to net revenue adjustments
- Assist in ensuring that all contracts follow company policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- This person will be required to attend and partake in various business meetings that pertain to the launch, LOE, government pricing, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master's degree in Finance, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years related experience is required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience contracting with National, Regional, State Medicaid and Federal accounts with emphasis on price calculation methodologies and procedures for reporting required.
- Broad pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience including, contract management, price calculation and reporting procedures, and revenue management modeling.
- Experience launching products or working with existing pharmaceutical (preferably specialty) products in promotion is preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives for multiple constituents with sometimes conflicting /competing objectives and goals.
- Strong business acumen, with demeanor and ability to work comfortably and confidently with senior management.
- Self-directed and confident, with a developed ability to build team work centered or shared commitment and goals to achieve high standards of performance.
- Strong in-depth knowledge of the Market Access/ Contract and Pricing practices (i.e., chargebacks, rebates and Government pricing).
COMPUTER AND OTHER SKILLS
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to serve on multiple interdepartmental teams and to act as team leader when appropriate.
- Proven ability to manage projects/teams of significant scope and complexity, while meeting all deliverables and timelines.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage vendor relationships.