Apply for this position
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature for a department(s) by performing the following duties.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages calendars, coordinates travel schedules and makes travel reservations.
- Prepares and reconciles expense reports.
- Proactively coordinates and arranges (all aspects) of meetings, including, but not limited to preparing agendas, reserving and preparing meeting facilities, ordering food and beverages, etc.
- Answers and screens managers’ telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Manages stocking of office and kitchen supplies in Chelsea, including bi-weekly beverage order.
- Provides lunch meeting set-up and clean-up for site.
- Provides vacation coverage for purchasing and/or other administrative functions when required.
- Provides periodic relief of Security/Front desk.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: none required
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits superior customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to deal with all levels of associates in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments while working with diplomacy and proficiency in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
No specific physical demands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.